Tuesday 22 March 2011

St Patricks Day! 2011

...Things have finally started to calm down from the Paddy’s Day celebrations. It was brilliant fun and thanks to you all who made an effort and joined us for the celebrations. I think I could honestly say it was my best Paddy’s Day so far :)

To start off St. Patricks Day myself and a few others went on a journey across the border of N. Ireland to the beautiful town of Moville in Co. Donegal, where there were lots of people celebrating the day with green hair, banners, parades and good old drinking and dancing in the street (couldn’t beat it).




The parade was great!! Lots of cheering, dancing, music and humorous floats that were really well organized, it definitely made the day… along with the Guinness. 



This little cottage was completely made of wool, knitted, crochet etc… so cute!!


After the parades we travelled through the beautiful hills of Donegal to Greencastle where we took the quick ferry back to Magilligan.


We had to stop and get a picture of this beautiful scenery over Kinnego Bay. (above)


This is the stunning view from a view point I’m not sure the name of (as we found it by accident). It looks right across the Foyle on to Magilligan, and you can see the Greencastle Ferry on its way across, such a beautiful place. 

All aboard!!!
Goodbye Greencastle.
Me and Sarah :)
Me and Nath :)

Then it was on to drink the night away (and weekend), and we sure did :)

So that was my Paddy’s day shenanigans, I’m off now to pack my bags as Nath and I are travelling to London tomorrow for the weekend to see a few gigs and say hello to the family… I’ll be back next week to share some new tutorials, recipes and fun as it is now officially SPRING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well that looks so fun. My day was spent at home with my Double Chocolate Stout Cupcakes w/Irish Cream and 3 different Green Cocktails LOL..and blogging about them LOL. You have a much more exciting life than I do, clearly!

    How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three different green cocktails??... oh sounds interesting!!...I must check that out, i'd say that was an interesting night!!

    Thankyou, I do love traveling around.. :D

    ReplyDelete